We're now less than TWO weeks away from the third annual Steamcon in Seattle WA, and it promises to be an outstanding event.
Sepiachord will be there & we'll have a table in the Grand Mercantile loaded with stuff for people to check out.
If you're a sepiachord/steampunk music act & would like to send us items to include ACT NOW and drop us a line.
sepiachord at yahoo dot com
On a related note: if you are attending SteamconIII: Sepiachord is suddenly in need of help watching our merch table. Contact us at the above address if you'd like to lend a hand.
Finally, we still have room on the limited edition A Sepiachord Reliquary thumbdrive that we will be selling at Steamcon as a fund raiser. So if you're a musician and would like to lend us a song to use on this project let us know!
The Sepiachord Crew.
Tags: event, steamcon,
I do Kabuki Academy introductions tomorrow!
I feel like I should bring a gift. In fact, Im pretty sure I should bring some japanese sweets or something. just something small to show respect and as a thanks for allowing me to take the class.
not sure. I know its appropriate in Japan, but is it still appropriate here?
ah, etiquette, why you no let me be.
Also congrats to my friends involved with Unhallowed Metropolis for their nomination too!
The nominees for the 2011 Airship Awards are:
Written: Any written piece of work, including but not limited to: novels, short stories, blogs, screen plays, etc.
• Phoenix Rising: A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Novel by Tee Morris & Pip Ballantine
• The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack by Mark Hodder –
• Camera Obscura by Lavie Tidhar
• The Half Made World by Felix Gilman
Visual: Any visual piece of work, including but not limited to: 2D art, 3D art, digital art, fashion design, website design, making/modding, short film (by an individual)
• James Ng
• Myke Amend
• Adam Smith
• Joe Benitez
Aural: Any aural piece of work, including but not limited to: Bands, songs, musicians, music videos, etc.
• Professor Elemental
• Steam Powered Giraffe
• Vagabond Opera
Community Contributor: An individual who is outspoken and supportive in the steampunk community, including but not limited to: Blogger, event organizer, convention runner, scholar, speaker etc.
• Ay-leen the Peacemaker – Beyond Victoriana
• Lia Keyes – SWAG
• Suzanne Lazear - Steamed
• Jordan Block – Sepiachord
Potpourri: Anything not yet covered, including but not limited to: Game design/designer, acting troupes, short film (by a group), movie, television, etc.
• Clockwork Cabaret
• Unhallowed Metropolis RPG
• Rise of Aester RPG
Steamcon® wishes to congratulate all the nominees for their contributions to steampunk.
The nominees were solicited online from the steampunk world at large, and the pre-registered members of Steamcon III will now vote to choose the winners.
The awards will be presented to the nominee with the most votes in each category at an awards banquet on Friday, October 14th, 2011 during the Steamcon III convention.
If you are pre-registered for Steamcon III, you should have received an email containing an order code. Use this code to vote here: http://www.facebook.com/l/
If you did not receive this code, you can email email@example.com to get yours. The rules for voting are here: http://www.facebook.com/l/
Its certainly a wednesday!
I am pleased to report that the fever that kept me down for almost a week finally broke this morning!!!!!
In other news, I am instructing tea at pdxgearcon.com/ in July
I wil be holding the biggest tea party I have ever held at www.steamcon.org/ in October and you should come :)
Cello entertainment will be provided by unwoman.com
there isnt a fashion show with it this time around, but there will be a (steampunk/victorian) bathing suit contest.
My asylum will be celebrating its 10th year in 2011, and we are making plans to celebrate. should you care to join my asylum: community.livejournal.com/_asylum_/
....and yes, there will be another asylum photoshoot coming soon, so watch for model calls.
Jamie and I will be celebrating our 10 years anniversary in December... party info will follow.
I know theres a ton of stuff I am leaving out....
of course I am :)
In August, Sepiachord is promoting a show with Sxip Shirely, Bakelite78, Toy Box Trio, & Sarah Alden. More info here: tinyurl.com/3uf9dut
Id give you a poster, but I havent created it yet. Will do today.
Sepiachord is DJing a steampunk rollerskating night somewhere too, dont remember, ask chronivore
I know theres still more....
well, as I think of it, I will post :)
- I finally got over that nasty cold that kept me down for 3 weeks. Yay!
- I have a TON I wanna do, but housecleaning is the most important one right now. For reals, my house is messy. this must change.
- I am using the LJ 2 weeks to steal back all my scrapbook and icon images. I really cannot justify spending the extra $20 on LJ when I already have server space to drop all those images on. Im enjoying LJ's hospital game tho. add me if you like. I am also playing airport.
- Speaking of games, Jamie and I started another horror game last nite thats like silent hill but it isnt, Alan Wake...What Ive seen so far I like. :)
- Guess who's coming to Crypticon in a few weeks..
Bill Moseley! you should go say hi! Im dying to get a photo of him and my wife. or better yet, a video of the two of them having an "argument" both sounding like Otis.. :giggle:
guess who else is gonna be there??? Rose McGowan.
-aaaand, guess who's DJing our spookyclub: Ginger Fish. You should go!
- speaking of club events-- look! a smoke free Saturday! (for those of you not familiar with Seattle, all public bars and clubs are nonsmoking. Mercury is a private club, therefore, allows smoking... so smoke-free nights are exceptions at our spookyclub.)
- There's the Goth Prom this weekend. Maybe I will ask Jamie if he would like to go... ETA: My wife already has a prom date! LOL
but first, my house must get cleaned. No planning until I clean.
National Geographic Casting Call
National Geographic has sent out a request for costumed re-enactors for the following time periods:
18th Century - French aristocracy
19th Century (specifically, late 1890's) Formal ballroom attire
Here are the details:
( Read more... )